By Denise Steller
Algonquin Park offers many gorgeous sites, trails and lakes to visit around the northwest corner of the park all year round. During August, there’s still a chance to take your family on one last Voyageur Quest Algonquin adventure before the fall season arrives. Below are our top five exciting things to do if you’re looking for some first-rate outdoor fun!
1. View Algonquin Park on our award-winning 3-day canoe trips that are held every Monday and Friday with one of our stellar wilderness guides.
2. Relax in the floating sauna while staying at our Algonquin Cottage Outpost. Stand up paddle boards are available to rent at the cottages. Great for large family gatherings!
3. For a truly Canadian wilderness experience, discover Canada’s wildlife at our Algonquin Log Cabin Lodge retreat for a 3-day Pathways experience, which includes gourmet meals with our on-site chef.
4. Settle into your own private Algonquin Island Getaway with a 360-degree view of Round Lake where the Group of Seven’s Tom Thompson stayed many times and painted various famous pieces of art.
5. Explore Algonquin Park’s northwest Round Lake with a canoe rental from Voyageur Quest Outfitting, and then join us at the Broken Paddle Patio for a beer or coffee when you’re back from your thrilling excursion.
To book your next excursion give our office a call (416) 486-3605.